IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
Call 911 if your child:
- Is not breathing or turning blue
- Has had sudden unconsciousness
- Is having a seizure (convulsing)
- Has severe unstoppable bleeding
Go to the ER when your child has:
- Severe breathing difficulty
- Multiple or serious injuries
- Severe allergic reaction
Call Poison Control at 1-800-682-9211 if you believe your child may have eaten a poison or other toxic substance.
Call us at (781) 665-4364 if:
If you're not sure whether your child's condition is life threatening, please call our office to help determine whether emergency treatment is needed. Your call will be triaged by our staff.
Most seemingly emergency situations can usually be managed over the phone until our office opens in the morning!
Unless advised by your doctor, you should NOT take your child to the ER for the following reasons:
- Fever, Ear pain/ Infection
- Flu or Cold
- Nausea or stomach pains
- Sore Throat
Urgent Care and Emergencies after hours and Saturdays
Call the office at (781) 665-4364, wait for the answering message, and you will be given the number to the doctor on call for that day. Your call will be returned within one hour.
Our doctors will be sharing 'on-call' duty with several other pediatricians in the area. When you call our office you will be directed to the pediatrician on call, either our practices or one of the ones below.
- Jeffrey Feldman • 340 Main Street Suite 101, Melrose, MA 02176 map • 781-662-4560
- Vladimir Gleyzer • 21 Main Street Suite 1B, North Reading, MA 01864 map • 978-664-4698